A Quick Note from an F2F Volunteer in the DR

I am so happy to be back in the Dominican Republic to start a new F2F assignment.  This time unfortunately,  I will be on my own, as my colleague Valerie is unable to make it. My assignment is to help the banana producers of the cooperative Banelino, located in Mao, Valverde, find appropriate information to better inform themselves on climate change, banana and rice cultivation, and water management. I will also spend time in the Banelino library working on better organization and access for the library material. It is my understanding that we will also explore ways of integrating information on multi-generational levels. Tomorrow, I will meet with the F2F staff and the REDDOM group to set our agenda for Banelino.

¡Hasta la proxima!
Felice Maciejewski, University Librarian, Dominican University

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Marketing and Communications to Showcase the Work of our Hosts in Colombia

My First Goat: A Professor, Students, and some Goats Tackle Food Insecurity in Rural Guatemala

Digital Marketing in Colombia